Working ergonomically on a BeNomic Pipe rail trolleyBenjamin Hamer
Berg Hortimotive launched an aftermarket ergonomics package for its popular BeNomic Pipe rail trolley line. The package consists of various options that make daily work on the pipe rail trolley even more pleasant.
From ergomat to cooling fan
The package comes with four items, which can also be ordered separately.
- The ergomat: stimulates the blood circulation and reduces painful and tiring feet.
- The double USB port: offers employees pure convenience; charging a phone or other devices while working, without stress of an empty battery. On hot days, employees can plug the fan into the USB outlet.
- The cooling fan: is equipped with two settings and provides employees with the desired cooling.
- The storage box: ensures all necessary items are within easy reach.
In addition, the unique ergonomic design of the BeNomic line itself eliminates and prevents common physical problems caused by standing work.
Happy and healthy employees
By working ergonomically you prevent injuries associated with the overuse of specific muscles. Also, different studies show that productivity increases and working ergonomically enhances the quality of work.
Every employer wants happy and healthy employees. René Tebbens, Sales representative Parts at Berg Hortimotive says:
Working in greenhouses can sometimes be quite demanding. A well-designed logistics system from Berg Hortimotive brings simplicity and efficiency to cultivation operations and enables the grower to get the most out of his employees and his business. The BeNomic line pipe rail trolley is a good example of this. Thousands of BeNomic line pipe rail trolleys are in operation worldwide. To make working on it even more enjoyable, it can now easily be expanded with an ergonomics package.
Ergonomic package contents
Tips on working ergonomically
Working ergonomically is a shared responsibility of both employer and employee.
As an employer
- you should invest in equipment/machinery your employees can work ergonomically with;
- it’s your responsibility to create awareness around this subject;
- you can facilitate in training/educating your employees.
As an employee
- you should follow given work instructions provided by your employer;
- it’s your responsibility to participate in training to educate yourself about working ergonomically;
- you can help improving the process by identifying and by reporting discomfort symptoms.