Cleaning a spraying trolleyDominique Sonneveld
After spraying, make sure to clean the spraying trolley well so it can be used again. If you don’t do this, crop protection products can stay in the tank, potentially causing crop harm the next time you use the spraying trolley.
Why it’s important to keep your spraying trolley clean
The first reason to keep your spraying trolley clean is because it’s needed for sprayer to perform properly. Keeping it clean avoids spraying chemical residues onto the crop. Next to that, it avoids mixing two substances together, that may not be mixed together (because it can be potentially risk safety).
Removing any remaining liquid
A spraying trolley’s tank has a sloping bottom. This allows the pump to drain all of the remaining liquid. However, if you accidentally mixed too much spray liquid and the tank had some remaining liquids, you should really drain the tank. This is accomplished by diluting the liquid with water and by spraying it on the crop. This should be done in a different place. The spray liquid may also be transported to an incineration facility. The spray liquid must never be discharged into surface water or the sewerage system!
Cleaning the outside
Cleaning a spraying trolley from the outside doesn’t need to consume a lot of water or time. You should clean the exterior of the spraying trolley with a spray gun attached to a clean water supply. Prevent the washing water from accessing the sewage or surface water by doing so in a well-considered location.
Cleaning the inside
You can disinfect the inside of the crop care sprayer by filling the tank with clean water and flushing the pumps, tubing, and nozzles. It is safest to use a spray gun that sprays clean water into the tank under high pressure. Pump a detergent around the tank for best performance. When doing so, you can use the following procedure:
- Clean the spraying trolley by rinsing it with water.
- Fill the tank with water to a depth of around 10-20% of the overall capacity.
- Pour in the Primaclean and circulate the mixture for about 15 minutes.
- Empty the tank completely.
Rinsing Water Collection
You must store and dispose of the rinse water from both exterior and internal cleaning according to the instructions.
Personal Protective Equipment
When washing a crop care spraying trolley, always wear personal protective equipment..
Treatment in the winter
1. Make sure you clean all the equipment, internally and externally. This is done best with water and at the end of the season.
2. Fill the tank with water to a depth of around 10-20% of the overall capacity.
3. Add the washing agent and circulate the mixture for about 15 minutes.
4. Make sure the tank is totally empty.
5. Use a washing agent and water mixture to disinfect the appliances. Please note: it’s not needed to rinse internally or externally.
|Dosage||Regular treatment||Winter treatment|
|Internal cleaning||100 g/100 L water||200 g/100 L water|
|External cleaning: manually||25 g/10 L water||50 g/10 L water|
|External cleaning: high pressure||50 g/10 L water||50 g/10 L water|
Questions concerning cleaning a spraying trolley
Do you have any concerns or would you like to obtain advice about cleaning a spraying trolley? Then contact product specialist Michael Visser or use the form below to ask your question.