- Additional information
- Request information
Priva Measuring Box is the traditional climate sensor for measuring the temperature (T) and relative air humidity (RH). The sensor has a seamless integration into the Priva Process computer. In this way, you are able to measure your greenhouse climate. The Priva sensors are designed to require minimum maintenance. The sensors have a solid and […]
Priva Measuring Box is the traditional climate sensor for measuring the temperature (T) and relative air humidity (RH). The sensor has a seamless integration into the Priva Process computer. In this way, you are able to measure your greenhouse climate. The Priva sensors are designed to require minimum maintenance. The sensors have a solid and durable design resulting into water, dust and fall-proof.
Advantages of Priva climate sensors
- Integration with Priva process computer
- Suitable sensors for every situation and business
- Less maintenance
- Solid and durable sensors.
Functioning of the Priva Measuring box
The climate sensor works on the physical principle of a psychrometer with dry bulb and wet bulb temperature sensors. The Measuring box T+RH measures the wet and dry bulb temperatures. The process computer calculates the absolute and relative air humidities, as well as the humidty deficit based on the difference betweeen these two temperatures.
The dry bulb temperature is the ambient temperature as measured by a dry bulb temperature sensor. The wet bulb temperature is measured by a wet bulb temperature sensor inside a damp wick. This wick absorbs the water from the fluid reservoir. Below the dew point, water in the wick evaporates and in so doing extracts heat from the air.
To ensure an accurate measurement of the wet bulb temperature, the plastic container should be filled with deionized or distilled water and Aquanex liquid. Aquanex prevents the growth of algae and / or formation of bio glue and optimizes the suction of water into the cotton hygrowick.
It is advisable to regularly replenish the plastic container with deionized or distilled water and Aquanex and to check that the cotton hygrowick is sufficiently moistened and is not contaminated with dust/dirt or algae/bio-adhesive.
The measuring box is consisting of:
- Single-walled galvanized steel housing, white coated, with air intake at the bottom and air outlet at the side.
- Electrical connection section with:
- Door closing button
- Screw terminals for connection
- Bridge rectifier ventilation motor.
- Connection cable 7 x 0.5 mm2, length 5 meter
- Gland for cable
- Air measuring section with:
- Door lock with handle
- dry bulb temperature sensor with NTC / thermistor in glass pipe Ø6mm x 60mm
- Wet bulb temperature sensor with NTC / thermistor in glass pipe Ø6mm x 60mm
- Hygrowick cotton, length 25 cm, used for wet bulb temperature measurement
- Air restriction plate
- Ventilation motor 24VDC-60mA
- Supply voltage converter 24VAC to 24VDC for a fan motor
- Plastic container with a lid for the Aquanex fluid with demineralized or distilled water, 1,5 litre
- Tulle in the lid of the plastic container, used to reduce the secondary evaporation of water from cotton hygrowick
- Connection materials with two S-hooks and galvanized steel chain, length 5m
Specifications of this sensor:
- NTC resistor / thermistor: 3kQ/ 25 ° C
- Temperature measurement range: 2,5 … 50 ° C
- Relative humidity measuring range: 0-100% RH non-condensing
- Supply voltage fan motor: 24VAC-60mA